At Therapy and Wellness Connection, we offer rewarding opportunities for individuals interested in in the dynamic career fields of speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy and ABA therapy in Northeast Ohio. This includes those looking for therapy jobs and support staff positions in:
- Brecksville / Broadview Heights
- All surrounding communities
We’re regularly hiring occupational therapists, behavior specialists, physical therapists and speech therapists, as well as assistants, educators and support staff to provide services to our clients in the Cleveland-Akron metro areas, including Brecksville-Broadview Heights, where our clinic is headquartered.
Therapy and Wellness Connection values professionals who are energetic, skilled, self-motivated, reliable – and most of all caring. Team members need to love-love-love working with exceptional young adults and children with disabilities.
It’s important for professionals in any field to be focused. Those who work with young adults and children with disabilities to be especially dedicated. At Therapy and Wellness Connection, we have found in this work a higher calling. We approach every session with each client not just with critical analysis and a solid understanding of best clinical practices, but with creativity and patience. (A solid sense of humor doesn’t hurt!)
Our holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to pediatric therapy has made a profound impact in the lives of our clients and their families. We need therapists and other specialists who embrace the collaborative therapy environment. They must also be self-motivated, ethical, honest, accountable and committed to making each session count.
We Hire Cleveland Pediatric Therapists in the Following Fields:
- Occupational Therapy (master’s level, bachelor’s level and associate degree);
- Behavior Therapy (BCBA/ board-certified behavior analysts and master’s level behavior specialists, as well as RBTs/ registered behavior technicians);
- Speech Therapy (master’s-level, bachelor’s level and associate level);
- Physical Therapy (associate-level physical therapy assistants; doctorate-level physical therapists).
Licensed, board-certified therapists are encouraged to apply. We also welcome therapy assistants and new graduates. Educational assistants, personal care attendants and others with a health or education background also may find a good fit with us – especially those with prior experience working with children or adults on the autism spectrum. We offer paid training and continuing education programs, as well as flexible schedules and space to study. Therapy and Wellness Connection supports your commitment to excellence in education and professional advancement.
We accept applications from college interns and for qualified volunteers for summer camps, day programs and tutoring as needed. All service providers who volunteer, are employed by or contract with Therapy and Wellness Connection undergo rigorous background checks and extensive screening. This is for the safety of our clients, families and staff.
Occupational Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists ABA Specialists and Physical Therapists
Pediatric therapists specializing in treatment of children with disabilities will find their services are well-compensated as well as rewarding. Professionals trained in speech, occupational, physical and behavior therapy are in high-demand and long-term markets are expected to grow substantially.
Part of this is because there is an increasing awareness on the benefits of these services, particularly in the form of early intervention for a broad range of disabilities, delays and conditions.
The Occupational Outlook Handbook complied by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports:
- Occupational therapy jobs are rising at a projected 10-year rate of 24 percent – much higher than the average for other jobs. Ohio – and Northeast Ohio in particular – has higher wages and location quotients for occupational therapists.
- Speech therapy jobs in Northeast Ohio and throughout the country are on the rise, with speech-language pathologist positions rising 18 percent in the next decade – much higher than the national average.
- Behavior therapy jobs for behavior analysts, assistant behavior analysts, behavior specialists and registered behavior technicians in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy programs have grown exponentially in recent years, with the Behavior Analysis Certification Board reporting demand for these posts grew between 800 percent and 995 percent between 2010 and 2017.
- Physical therapy jobs for doctorate or professional degree physical therapists (PTs) and physical therapy assistants (PTAs) are expected to grow nearly 30 percent between 2016 and 2026, adding approximately 67,000 new therapists to the existing labor national labor pool of around 240,000.
All positions involve either hands-on direct contact with clients, except office positions dealing mainly with clerical, insurance and accounting duties.
What We Look for on Our Northeast Ohio Pediatric Therapy Team and Support Staff
Among the qualities we prize from our pediatric therapists, educators and staff:
- Upbeat, positive, can-do attitude;
- The highest level of ethics and honesty
- Exceptional patience
- Skills in modeling a wide range of social communications and behaviors
- Drive, accountability and motivation to work independently (with support but minimal supervision)
- Skills displaying/engaging in effective, healthy communication, assertion and conflict management
Most clients at Therapy and Wellness Connection are high-functioning, but require direct lessons, guided practice and reinforcement to help them grasp appropriate social, emotional, behavior, coping, self-management and independent living skills. Many have average or above-average IQs but deficits with social-emotional intelligence and communication.
Team members need to appreciate that some clients with disabilities may have a difficult time communicating – including understanding verbal directives, non-verbal social cues and abstract concepts.
Therapy and Wellness Connection Careers Rewarding, Well-Compensated, Flexible
We offer competitive pay rates based on education level, relevant work experience and reference quality. Every therapist, educator and staffer who joins this team expects – and deserves – to be fairly-compensated. We deliver on that.
We also provide therapists the opportunity to treat clients in a clinic that is clean, modern and fully equipped. In this setting, they’re encouraged to seize opportunities to work with therapists across disciplines when it’s in the best interests of the child.
As independent contractors, therapists set their own pace and schedule, whatever works for them and their clients. We’ve found affording this degree of autonomy results in greater job satisfaction. While speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy and ABA therapy are all incredibly rewarding fields, no good therapist ever said the work was entirely stress-free. An overloaded therapist is an ineffective therapist. The independent contractor model empowers each therapist to tailor their work day in a way that allows them to establish a healthy work-life balance.
As a growing practice, part-time and full-time therapy positions are usually available (depending on the discipline). Verify current openings by calling or emailing.
Therapy and Wellness Connection is proud to make a difference for young adults and children with disabilities in Northeast Ohio. We look forward to welcoming more skilled team members to our practice – our purpose and passion.