Therapy and Wellness Connection offers a broad range educational programs and support services for children and adults with disabilities throughout the Cleveland-Akron area to promote long-term success, independence and quality of life.
These programs include:
- Home School and Day Programs
- Therapy Groups
- Thrive Summer Camp
- Vocational skills training
- Before- and after-care
- Alternative therapies
- Parent training/instruction
- Connection to counseling services
Each reflects our dedication to holistic treatment. Programs are based at our Brecksville clinic, but we seize every opportunity to venture out and pursue hands-on learning, movement, growth and inclusion.
We partner with Cleveland-Akron-area higher education institutions throughout Northeast Ohio to ensure everyone gets the most of each program.
Tutoring services for children with disabilities in Brecksville, Ohio is available at Therapy and Wellness Connection. Academic success is critical to an independent future. Tutoring services are available for children and teens in Akron, Cleveland, Broadview Heights, Brecksville and surrounding areas.
Tutoring clients receive one-on-one individualized schoolwork assistance in a program that offers:
- Tutors certified in the Wilson Language Training program, which incorporates multi-sensory reading and learning tools for children with all types of disabilities and challenges, including autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia and other conditions associated with learning delays and challenges.
- Oversight by intervention specialists, professionals with a master’s degree who are educated in designing differentiated curricula for students with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs). These individuals typically work full-time at a school, but contract with Therapy and Wellness Connection to develop individualized tutoring programs for each student.
- Reading specialists specifically for children who need help learning to read.
- Tutoring curricula with a heavy emphasis on math, reading and handwriting.
Tutoring is offered year-round to help your child keep pace with their peers.
Home School / Alternative Education / Day Programs
(Teaching the way THEY learn!)
If your child is struggling in a mainstream school or if you need assistance with homeschooling: Let us help.
Many children with disabilities have difficulty in traditional public school settings. Therapy and Wellness Connection offers high-quality, flexible education programs, life skills and vocational services adapted to the needs of the individual.
Classes are every weekday at our Brecksville therapy clinic from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Courses are designed to incorporate core subjects, abide state standards and align with Common Core curricula – all taught in a manner modified to improve participation, confidence and retention. If your gets other therapies from us: Consider this a one-stop-shop. Adding to their progress is the fact that academic instructors always have the benefit of nearby therapists and development professionals who know your child – their motivators, triggers and personalities – if questions or issues ever arise.
Many of our education services are formulated with a project-based curriculum covering all required subject areas, yet keeping students engaged and poised for success.
We often incorporate alternative therapies - incorporating music, dance, and equine experiences - into our Home School Day Programs.
No child is unteachable, they simply learn differently. Let us help.
Virtual School Options
When the COVID-19 pandemic forced the closure of schools AND private therapy clinics, providers of these essential services needed to get creative.
Therapy and Wellness Connection wasted no time in launching teletherapy services for our speech, occupational, physical and ABA therapy patients. We also spent the months that followed on-boarding options for virtual school and online tutoring.
We first began offering the distance learning option during the 2020-2021 school year, and plan to continue for as long as there is demand for it.
We also have numerous, year-round options for alternative therapies.