If your child is diagnosed with ADHD, regardless of whether it’s co-occurring with other conditions, occupational therapy has been proven to help in a number of ways. Our Akron ADHD occupational therapy helps children develop the skills necessary to complete everyday tasks. That means:
- Improving organizational skills
- Learning to control their hyperactivity;
- Practicing basic self hygiene and healthy eating;
- Promoting positive behaviors;
- Coping with anxiety;
- Advancing physical coordination/gross motor skills.
We want children to grow to be functionally independent, healthy, happy contributors in their families and greater communities. Akron ADHD occupational therapy over time can help your child develop the life skills to help make this possible.